Designed to increase capacity and resilience
Refining separation standards can provide significant benefits to airports during peak times or disruptive conditions.
The Intelligent Approach suite of tools is based on a common platform that’s designed to help all airports increase capacity and resilience at a fraction of the cost of adding taxiways and runways.
Intelligent Approach Modules
Intelligent Approach is made up of the following three core modules that can be tailored to the needs of the airport operation and provide benefits to airports, airlines and ANSPs.
- Distance Based Separation improves the consistency of approach spacing all the way to the runway threshold, by using optimised wake spacing rules that provide controllers with a visual indication of the required separation between aircraft.
- Time Based Separation provides resilience to headwinds by reducing the wake turbulence separation based on the live wind conditions and therefore improves operational and safety performance.
- Optimised Mixed Mode has been specifically designed for mixed mode runways to safely reduce inbound separation by taking account of departure runway occupancy.
All modes take into account runway occupancy to optimise efficiencies.
Each module can apply any of the following wake turbulence separation criteria:
- ICAO: The standard wake turbulence model
- RECAT (EU or US): Enables increased capacity by optimising wake separations
- Pairwise: Enables significant capacity gain by taking account of individual aircraft wake
- Custom: Any custom wake separation system approved for your airport
Video – Intelligent Approach
Find out more about Intelligent Approach in our video below.
Download our Factsheet